Help! If ever I feel a failure, it’s when I miss an opportunity that will not come around again too soon. In my desperation to up my game, I’ve decided to create a proper to do list for myself, taking me right through to December.
Writer for children, you may want to do the same? For starters, here is my semi-ambitious plan:
- write at least 3 chapters of current work-in progress a week (for me, that’s The Dog-Walking Consortium)
- by end of October, make all final revisions on the novel I finished but haven’t sent out much – so I CAN send it out.
- 30 September: New Writing Scotland submission deadline (post only)
- 30 September: Caterpillar Short Story Prize deadline (children’s magazine fiction)
- 11 October: Bath Children’s Novel Award deadline
- 4th November: Scottish Book Trust Next Chapter Award deadline
- 18th December: Chicken House Children’s Fiction Competition deadline